Players: 1 - Unlimited
It's time for Super Bowl 2014, XLVIII (that's 48 in roman numerals), and the stage is set for a huge game between the Denver Broncos #1 offense in the NFL squaring off against the Seattle Seahawks #1 defense in the NFL.
Equipment required to play Super Bowl 2014 (XLVIII)
- 1 Huge TV to watch the football game on
- Lots of beer, liquor, and food
This drinking game doesn't have a complex setup. Grab your beer and liquor of choice, keep it close to your spot on the couch, put the Super Bowl on, and keep a solo cup of beer and shot glass of liquor filled at all times.
The first rule of the 2014 Super Bowl drinking game is that prior to kickoff, everyone has to choose a team to win. This is important because each time the team you pick scores a touchdown, you will assign a shot to someone else participating in the game (half a shot for a field goal). It should be a pretty even split this year (it's not like the Ravens snuck in again). If you give a shot out to a person only drinking beer, they must drink 1 second per point, so 7 seconds for a touchdown or 3 second for a field goal.
Consider also enforcing the Bathroom Rule where if someone misses a drink because they got up to use the bathroom, a penalty is enforced where they must drink double whatever they missed.
Here's the official Super Bowl 47 drinking game rules:
- (1) Drink: Each time someone says "Super Bowl forty eight"
- (1) Drink: Each time a Budweiser, Go Daddy, or Doritos commercial airs
- (1) Drink: Each time Peyton Manning says "Omaha" (If Bronco's offense is on the field, keep that beer in hand)
- (2) Drinks: For each penalty flag (yellow) thrown, drink double if it's for a personal foul.
- (2) Drinks: Each time someone mentions Richard Sherman's NFC Championship postgame interview
- (2) Drinks: Each time someone says "Peyton's Legacy"
- (3) Drinks: For a coaches challenge (red flag) thrown
- (3) Drinks: For awesome touchdown dances
- Assign (3) Drinks: If you correctly predicted the outcome of the coaches challenge
- (4) Drinks: For blocked kicks and punts (show the special teamers some love too!)
- (1) SHOT: For a turnover (interception, fumble, or a failed 4th down conversion)
- (1) SHOT: For a defensive touchdown (You can feel free to include a safety as well)
- (1) SHOT: If the camera catches Knowshon Moreno crying
- (1) SHOT: If Marshawn Lynch goes Beast Mode
- (1) SHOT: If Golden Tate OR Richard Sherman does an on-field excessive celebration
You might also find it fun to play the Bronco's offense drinking game, where everyone wagers on which receiver Peyton will throw to on the ensuing down (Decker, Welker, D. Thomas, or J. Thomas). On running plays nobody drinks (or everyone does!).
As always, please remember to drink responsibly while enjoying this alcohol drinking game, and please leave feedback in the comments if you enjoyed it!