Players: 1 - Unlimited
This is the 2013 Super Bowl XLVII (47) Drinking Game, intended to get you drunk while you enjoy the most watched televised event of the year (usually over 100 million viewers). Drinks are taken based on the events specified below.
Equipment required to play Super Bowl XLVII 2013
- 1 Huge TV to watch the football game on
- Lots of beer, liquor, and food
Get a comfortable spot on the couch (or if you go out to a bar, find a nice seat and don't forget to call fives if you get up). We recommend having surplus alcohol ready to go because you won't want to be getting up much during the big game, whether it's a commercial or during play.
Before we get to the specific alcohol drinking game rules, everyone must decide which team they're rooting for (whether or not they like one team more than the other). Then, whenever the other team scores, they drink 1 second for each point scored (extra point = 1 second, safety = 2, field goal = 3, touch down = 6) or take a shot for each touchdown. This will make it a lot more interesting for the vast majority of those reading this that aren't San Francisco 49ers fans or Baltimore Ravins Fans.
We might also recommend enforcing the Bathroom Rule where if someone misses a drink because they got up to use the bathroom or get a drink, a penalty is enforced where they must drink twice the amount they would've otherwise drank.
Here's the list of rules that will dictate how drunk everyone ends up getting during the Super Bowl drinking game:
- (1) Drink: Every time a broadcaster says "Super Bowl Forty Seven"
- (1) Drink: Every time a commercial(s) of your choice come on (popular options are Budweiser, Go Daddy, Pepsi). I might also suggest men taking a shot when the Mercedes-Benz Kate Upton Commercial airs.
- (2) Drinks: When an announcer mentions that the two head coaches (Jim & John Harbaugh) are brothers.
- (2) Drinks: Anytime someone mentions that it's Ray Lewis' last game.
- (2) Drinks: If someone talks about Tom Brady or Peyton Manning
- (2) Drinks: Each time a yellow penalty flag is thrown
- (3) Drinks: Each time a red challenge flag is thrown
- (3) Drinks: If Destiny's Child has a reunion performance during the half time show, and/or if Jay-Z makes an onstage appearance during the half time show.
- (1) SHOT: If the football is turned over
- (1) SHOT: If the defense scores
- (1) SHOT: If the team you're rooting against scores a touchdown
Extension of the basic rules, recommended for the true NFL fans and/or alcoholics:
- (3) Drinks: Each time Ray Lewis cries or does his signature dance
- (3) Drinks: Each time they mention Randy Moss and "greatest receiver ever" in the same sentence (whether or not they're agreeing or debating the fact)
- (3) Drinks: Each time they show Alex Smith holding a clip board on the sideline (he was the quarterback benched for Colin Kaepernick after leading his team to a 6-2 record earlier this season)
- (3) Drinks: Each time Colin Kaepernick kisses his biceps
- (6) Drinks: Each time Frank Gore scores a touchdown, because not only is a touchdown 6 points, it's also what Frank Gore scored on his Wonderlic test prior to being drafted (officially making him the most successful dumb player of all time).
As always, please remember to drink responsibly while enjoying this alcohol drinking game, and please leave feedback in the comments if you enjoyed it!